Sunday, April 13, 2014

Dear Jodie - L is for Lady and the Tramp


Dear Jodie,

I DID NOT see Lady and the Tramp in its original release, LOL, but my parents took me to see it on the big screen in the early 1960's.

My earliest memories of romance center around the famous spaghetti noodle scene where Miss Lady and Tramp take on the same noodle and wind up in a kiss.  Freaking genius for animation in 1955, and, of course, hidden gentleman that he is, Tramp insists that Miss Lady have the last meatball. 

Ahhhhhh!  Sigh!

From that day, I've always thought one element of romance consists of a moonlit dinner and bashfulness.

And OH, the amazing cast of characters! Jim Dear and Darling.  Jock and Trusty.  My favorite line in the movie centers around Jock and Trusty.  The old hound sounding like he's from the great state of Kentucky, stated many times that he doesn't reckon whether he's mentioned the sayings of his granddaddy "Old Reliable," to which at one point Jock replies with regret in the Scot accent, "Aye, lad, you have.  Frequently!"

And I loved every time Trusty sighs, "Ahhhhhh, Miss Laaaaady."

I'm a sentimental schlock, Jodie!  It is true.

The adult me, though, melts to the dulcet stylings of the amazing Peggy Lee when she sultries (I know there is no such word) out, "He's a Tramp."  Most folks wouldn't realize (I sure-as-hell didn't until recently) that Peggy Lee also voiced the Siamese cats AND Darling.

I won't get another chance during the blog challenge, so I will do it here.  Thurl Ravenscroft voiced Al the Alligator and was a member of the dog chorus!

He is better known for having sung "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" in the animated classic "How the Grinch Stole Christmas."  He is best known as the voice for decades of Tony the Tiger in the Sugar Frosted Flakes commercials.  He's "GURRRREATTTT!!!" And, Jodie, if you've ever been to a Disney theme park, you have heard his amazing bass voice.  He is everywhere.

9 out of 10, Jodie!  What did you think?

Read Jodie's review here!

Check out our Facebook page Dear Rocky Dear Jodie: The Actor and The Psychologist At The Movies!  Thanks so much!

1 comment:

I love your comments. Please leave them.